Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Watch where you sit!

This morning my co-worker and I traded Muni Fail stories: the 38BX never came, causing me to be late, and apparently on her 10 Townsend the driver got up and announced that yesterday two people were stuck by needles left in the seats. He warned everyone to be careful on the afternoon ride. What?!

Which makes me wonder, what's the weirdest/grossest thing you've seen/experienced on Muni seats?

I think mine's probably a puddle of urine on the 5 Fulton. Disgusting.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Um, Gross! I am blessed to have forgotten all the nastiness of MUNI seats and sit here with my rose-colored memories of life in SF.

Anonymous said...

be careful out there!

miles said...

Kathleen,
This is somewhat unrelated to your post, but the NYTIMES has a nice article about Riding each MTA line to the end, and seeing what conspires there.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/24/nyregion/24laststop.html?hp

p.s. keep up the good work with your nllb blog. I dreamed of doing this, you're actually making it happen.

Unknown said...

Miles, thanks for such a great article. I love all of the details!

Glad you're reading. I promise to post more regularly soon!

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog last week, and I have never been "into" a blog before. But you got me! I love the concept of your project. You do a great job describing everything that happens on your journeys. Fascinating. Keep writing, and I'll absolutely keep reading!

-Toby

maria_dinzeo said...

Mine would have to be the homeless man who clandestinely pissed himself on the overcrowded 31.

Good work on the blog Kathleen!

Unknown said...

Toby, glad you like! Definitely keep reading-new adventures are coming!