Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Google Schools You in New MUNI Tools

Dearest Fellow Adventure-ers,

I promise I will post my L Taraval findings soon. I'm aiming for Thursday.

In other transit-related news, Google has rolled out GoogleTransit* in the Bay Area, which although by no means perfect, seems much more comprehensive than the jenky Transit.511 Trip Planner.

Of course, you could always rely on my favorite method and look at a map. The best part is you can print it out, glue it in your notebook and never be lost again!

Until next time, happy travels friends!

*Thanks SFCitizen for the heads up!

2 comments:

Greg said...

I didn't know that Google Transit FINALLY came to the Bay Area and muni...thanks for the tip!

Originally GT was supposed to START here in SF, but somehow MUNI found a way to drop the ball (or so the legend goes).

As for the home grown alternative, all I can do is paraphrase Public Enemy and say "511 Is a Joke"

THERM said...

I would like to point out GT also covers Thousand Oaks Transit. Now that's news!