Thursday, May 22, 2008

Counting on MUNI, mathematically speaking

Lots of exciting stuff is happening in the next few days and it's a three day weekend so MUNI might be slightly ridiculous.

If you're anything like me, you'll wait and wait for a bus, give up in a huff when it doesn't come and start walking. Of course, the bus I was waiting for passes me in between stops and then I look like a madwoman chasing a bus at fullspeed for two blocks.

This article mathematically proves why it's better to just wait. Guess you should pack a crossword puzzle or something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

EVERY time I got frustrated and left I'd be passed by the 5 or the 31. It was a conspiracy by MUNI officals not to give me a ride because I wasn't paying per ride, I swear! Yet I still rarely waited more than 15 minutes before I'd start walking, only to be passed and have to wait at the next stop for another bus.

Sorry for commenting a month (or two) after the actual post.